Bluegrass Music Association
Preserving Our Music Heritage
Teaching Future Generation
North Carolina Bluegrass Association
The North Carolina Bluegrass Association was established in 2012 as a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation and promotion of Bluegrass music by bringing together musicians, bands and fans across North Carolina.
Please Support Our Sponsors
Lowesville Gospel Concerts
R.A. Fountain General Store
E.H. Montgomery General Store
G Tone Customs
Lowesville Gospel Concerts1062 Highway 16 South - Stanley (Lowesville) NC - Church Living Word Ministries is located 1.8 miles south of intersection Hwy 73 & Hwy 16 business in Lowesville. Southern Gospel Music every 2nd Saturday evening and Bluegrass every 4th, at 6:00pm
R.A. Fountain General StoreLive acoustic music venue in Fountain, NC. Visit the website and Like us on Facebook!
E.H. Montgomery General StoreLive Bluegrass music every Friday night. Located in Gold Hill, NC
G Tone CustomsCustom Made Mandolins, Repairs & Set-up Matthews, North Carolina
Ktown DesignSpecial Discounts for Bluegrass Groups
NCBA Annual Meeting 2018
Preserving Our American Heritage
NCBGA was born January 12, 2012
We are a 501C3 Non-Profit
IBMA is the trade association that connects and educates bluegrass professionals, empowers the bluegrass community, and encourages worldwide appreciation of bluegrass music of yesterday, today and tomorrow.
The role of PineCone is to increase the visibility of Piedmont music and musicians and to provide public programs and educational resources about the depth and breadth of cultural expression in the region today. PineCone is the largest and most active traditional music organization in North Carolina measured by people served, budget size and total number of programs presented.PineCone supports the livelihoods of working artists, inspires and connects fans, educates youth and adult audiences, documents traditions, and provides opportunities for musicians to learn from one another. Each of the three elements – preservation, presentation, and promotion – plays an important role in ensuring the continued vitality and viability of traditional arts in North Carolina’s Piedmont.
High Lonesome Strings
World Bluegrass Day
Celebrating Bluegrass through exposure, awareness and community involvement throughout the year.
Even though every October 1st is World Bluegrass Day our mission is to celebrate, share and inspire others throughout the year to start listening to Bluegrass music, start playing an instrument or travel to the mountains to explore the roots of Bluegrass.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Join the NC Bluegrass Music Association
Hire a Band
Professional and Entertaining
- Each month you’ll receive Association updates online
- Each Quarter you will receive our newsletter ‘The Bluegrass Chimes’ in print or online
- Find Bluegrass Jams and Bluegrass event locations across NC
- Opportunities for volunteering, teaching, leadership and mentoring
Benefit to Bands
- Band Photo and Band Bio on the website with Links to Band Social Media and Band Website.
- Opportunities for Paid Performances as well as other resources.
- Venue Photo and Venue Bio on the website with Links to Venue Social Media and Venue Website.
- Will include Links to Venue Social Media and Venue Website.
- Sponsor logo on Home Page of the NCBA Website with link to their website.
- Sponsor logo/ photo on homepage of the NCBA Website
- Will have a link to their own website with a description of their business on our sponsor webpage.
- Sponsor Logo on Home Page of the NCBA Website
“When Merle and I started out we called our music ‘traditional plus,’ meaning the traditional music of the Appalachian region plus whatever other styles we were in the mood to play.”
“Bluegrass has brought more people together and made more friends than any music in the world. You meet people at festivals and renew acquaintances year after year.”
“I don’t like to travel as much as I have in the past, but it’s good for my soul to get to pick, especially with these good musicians and these guys that play so well.”
Drop us a line anytime, if you have any questions.